* As reported by F.O. “Rep” Repplier in 1956 and John B. Schoolland in 1969
As we did just a few weeks ago, from the early days Rotary often “rotated” meetings at members’ and others’ places of business.
“Once we had a regular luncheon meeting deep in the Black Diamond coal mine. Another time, or maybe two times, we met at the Valmont Power Plant, shown in the accompanying photo, and at the Crags Hotel in Estes Park. In 1955 we had a fine commemorative luncheon in the new Memorial Center on the campus, honoring simultaneously the 50th birthday of Rotary International and the 36th birthday of our club.”
In the 1960s, a number of meetings were held at some of Boulder’s new facilities, including NCAR, the Bureau of Standards, IBM, the new University engineering complex, the new water filter plant above Boulder, Flatirons Paving, and Ball Brothers.
More recently, we have visited a plethora of local sites such as Google, the Jennie Smoly Carothers Biotechnology Building at CU, the new Museum of Boulder, the Dairy Arts Center, and many others.